Wednesday 13 November 2013

Auditioning

As a young singer a lot of the concerts and events I have sang at have been ones which I was invited to through people who have either heard me sing previously or whom have had me recommended to them, so when it comes to auditioning it is quite an alien experience - up to now there have been very few things which I have gone through a formal audition process for. In fact, right now, I can only think of three: Weekend School, Samling, and as of Monday this week, Music College. Thankfully this week's audition was a very positive experience with good feedback and I'm hopeful that I will be offered a place, but I still have some time to wait before I hear anything.

The audition day itself felt rather long as there were three panels and an academic interview, but perhaps it is good to get so many opportunities to perform in an audition setting - it is certainly a completely different skill to performing for a large audience, and I'm sure this period of auditioning will create a solid foundation of experience to help calm me in future auditions.

In the mean time I still have four more left to go, one in Manchester and three in London. I'm looking forward to meeting up with old friends who are at various universities (one three years younger but already there before me - ah, the patience needed to study singing), and now that the first audition is out of the way I am, if I dare I say it, looking forward to the rest!

No comments:

Post a Comment