Friday 11 February 2011

Gabrieli Young Singers' Scheme


Gabrieli Young Singers' Scheme from Gabrieli Consort & Players on Vimeo.


Last October I went down to London to be part of an exciting new project starting for young singers. At the launch event, 4 choirs from across the country joined together to perform excerpts from Handel's Solomon. The video is pretty much self-explanatory but well worth a watch.

To read more about the project go here: http://www.gabrieli.com/aboutus/gabrieli-young-singers-scheme.html

As for future things that I'll be involved in with the Gabrieli's, the North East Youth Chorale will be taking part in a festival with the director some time in July, and we may be performing "Elijah" with them at the BBC proms, although I don't believe that is fully confirmed and won't be confirmed until April.

It's all exciting stuff that I'm glad and proud to be a part of.

p.s. I'm second from the front on the left hand side :D

No comments:

Post a Comment